Monday 17 October 2016

A POEM IN HONOUR OF CHIBOK GIRLS


POEM
Father, Accept My Child
(Agony of Chibok Girl)

I was a virgin
The last time I left home
You can't even imagine
Since the day I was born
That I would some day vanish
For two years without home.

I was a student
The last paper was physics
I told you, I wont be late
Since my days in school  is finished
But two years I failed
To return home as promised.

I was a daughter
Like the one you cherished
I called you my father
Since you gave me the reason
To love you forever

I was a Christian
The last time I left you
You urged me to sustain
My whole life with His book
But for two years I was made
A convert by the gun

In Days of horror
Weeks of Pain
And months of torture
I tarry with terror
Who stole my pride

Everyday I cringed
In fear of blood
That flows around my feet
On a crimson floor

No place to hide
When the bullets fly
Shooting from the ground, falling from sky
In this I labored and bore a child

I know you missed me
My heart tells me that
Even though you left me
To suffer just like that

I know your wishes
The last time you said so
To grow up a lady
In your household
Get husband to marry.

I know today you happy
Your daughter is brought back
Even though you hide it
A grandson you don't need
Cos you fear he brings harm
His father was a bad seed.

Father, I share your fears
But everyone musn't know
So I swallow my tears
Even before they are formed.
For a child is here
Whom we're not prepared for.

For months he calls me mother
Now am home I call you father
He looks my face with wonder
Then he smiles and call you grandpa

His looks, just like father's 
But his limbs reminds me a monster
That puts in me a gangster
But I pray he turns out like father
So kind and nice like tender

Poor child;
I look down at him with anger
He looks back at me with laughter
He is my blood and water
It's not his fault to come by

The pain in me may last forever
And my love for him is forever.
Please accept my child, dear father.

- By Abdulkareem Haruna  (C) 2016

No comments: